Excellence in English Language and Literature Ordinary Level 2019 is a comprehensive package (textbook, ebook and digital resources) that helps students towards success in Leaving Certificate Ordinary Level English Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Uses a unique READ–ANALYSE–MAKE method to develop the essential skills required for comprehending and composing in Paper 1 and understanding and discussing in Paper 2.
- Features stimulating texts and images from a wide range of sources and offers invaluable techniques for improving reading and writing skills in Paper 1.
- Offers outstanding choice in all three sections of Paper 2, covering four Single Texts, three different groups of Comparative Texts and all thirty-six poems prescribed for Ordinary Level in 2019.
- Advances the student’s knowledge of the story, their understanding of the characters and their curiosity about the fictional world in their chosen Single Text.
- Reveals the fascinating similarities and differences between the Comparative Texts, with reference to each of the modes set for 2019 – Relationships, Hero, Heroine and Villain; and Theme.
- Explores the meaning, setting, language and relevance of each poem.
- Combines an easy-to-use layout, innovative design and lively style to guide students confidently towards mastering both exam papers
- Provides students with lively and engaging audio lecture overviews of each part of the course.