Excellence in Texts Higher Level 2023 is a comprehensive package that helps students towards success in Leaving Certificate English Paper 2.
The complete text of Macbeth with:
- Clear, student-friendly annotation to explain unfamiliar words and phrases
- Summaries, key quotations and questions for each scene
- Comprehensive study notes and analysis on important characters and key themes
- Invaluable section on Approaching the Essay complete with sample answers
Two options for comparative study:
- Option One: Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro, Philadelphia, Here I Come! by Brian Friel and Lady Bird directed by Greta Gerwig
- Option Two: Room by Emma Donoghue, A Doll’s House by Henrik Ibsen and Casablanca directed by Michael Curtiz
Each comparative option includes comprehensive notes on each of the three modes of comparison, analysis grids showing students how to compare and contrast their texts using comparative phrases, and past exam questions. Excellence in Texts is the only textbook offering students comparative notes along with their complete single text. Complete your preparation for Paper 2 with our poetry anthology, Verse.