*** Ebook works on ALL computers (desktop and laptop) and devices (including iPads and Android tablets) ***
CHOOSE YOUR EBOOK LICENCE DURATION BELOW
INSPIRE introduces and revisits Learning Outcomes in a spiral approach in line with the new Junior Cycle Religious Education Specification. It is being developed in accordance with the Junior Cycle Religious Education CPD Workshops to ensure textbooks are fully in line with implementation guidelines for the new specification. It is suitable for both exam and non-exam classes.
- It is written by Ailís Travers, team leader for Religious Education with Junior Cycle for Teachers, and Michael Purcell, a teacher representative on the NCCA Development Group that created the Junior Cycle Religious Education Specification.
- INSPIRE, an innovative approach to Religious Education created specifically for the new Junior Cycle Specification, offers a comprehensive approach to planning, teaching and assessing.
- INSPIRE follows a spiral approach, where students will meet and revisit Learning Outcomes on an ongoing basis to develop and embed their understanding, skills, attitudes and values all through the three years of Junior Cycle.
- INSPIRE 1 presents relevant and creative material that acts as an engaging and enjoyable foundation for First-Year students. All five major world religions and non-religious worldviews are explored.
Note: The Inspire 1 printed Portfolio is available for separate purchase or as part of the Inspire 1 textbook/portfolio/ebook bundle available here. The portfolio helps students to develop their Junior Cycle skills. It is a place where they will be able to:
- demonstrate and develop examples of their work
- prepare for Classroom Based Assessments (CBA) 1 and 2
- reflect on their learning and their use of the Junior Cycle Key Skills
- complete self-assessment checklists
- develop action plans based on their self-assessment.