Turas 1 is an engaging and creative new textbook written in line with the new Junior Cycle Irish specification. Note: The included portfolio/activity book is combined - printed as two-books-in-one.
- Free ebook with all the lesson excercise audio embedded and playable. Listening comprehensions in all 3 dialects, recordings of songs, stories, poems and a selection of the reading comprehensions.
- Real-world topics are presented in a well-paced and structured sequence with an emphasis on developing reading, writing, listening and speaking skills.
- Engaging tasks encourage students to talk to one another in Irish.
- Self-assessment checks after key topics help students to monitor their progress.
- Creative pair and group work activities encourage students to engage with one another and to develop their communication skills.
- Listening and revision tasks appear throughout each chapter and in the end-of chapter Súil Siar section.
- Grammar lessons appear in context in the chapter and in a separate easy-to-understand Treoir Ghramadaí section at the back of the book.
- Culture Sections link the language community with the classroom and help students develop the skills they will need for classroom-based assessments.
Mo Phunann - The Turas 1 Portfolio is a place where students will be able to:
- note the key words and phrases they learn in each chapter
- create fantastic examples of their work
- reflect on their learning and their use of the Junior Cycle Key Skills
Mo Leabhar Ghníomhaíochta - The Turas 1 Activity Book encourages students to:
- complete a wide range of vocabulary and grammar exercises
- complete self-assessment checklists
- develop action plans based on their self-assessment
- practise listening skills in a Listening Comprehension section.
- access listening scripts to help with the listening comprehensions.