*** Ebook works on ALL computers (desktop and laptop) and devices (including iPads and Android tablets) ***
CHOOSE YOUR EBOOK LICENCE DURATION BELOW
Contains all eight poets prescribed for examination in the 2019 Leaving Certificate Higher Level exam.
Note: Printed Poetry Skills Portfolio book is not included with this ebook purchase. Printed version available to purchase here.
- Features a clear, colourful A4 layout. A key image accompanies each poem.
- Timeline for each poet offers relevant biographical detail to give context to their work.
- Pre-reading and comprehending and responding questions for all poems.
- Exploring section after each poem offers immediate, clear analysis in a concise format. Relevant quotation and biographical detail are integrated in the commentary, providing a model for essay answers.
- Creating section contains innovative writing assignments prompted by the poem, which allow practise for Paper 1 through the study of poetry with common formats such as letters and blog posts.
- End-of-chapter theme sections contain handy reference tables showing the main themes within each poem. Major themes are explored in-depth, bringing together an overall analysis of the poet.
- End-of-chapter language and imagery sections offer notes on key literary techniques used by the poet with relevant examples for each.
- Sample essay plans and paragraphs for each poet develop skills in building structured answers that respond accurately to the question asked.
- Unseen Poetry section offers friendly guidance on approaching the unseen question with a variety of fresh poems and songs.
- Glossary of poetic terms gives clear explanations to refer back to when needed.
- Exam Advice sections provide useful information on preparing for and answering on prescribed and unseen poetry.