Verse Higher Level 2021 utilises active learning methodologies to build up students’ knowledge and essay writing skills and break down the barriers to exam success.
*** Ebook works on ALL computers (desktop and laptop) and devices (including iPads and Android tablets) ***
CHOOSE YOUR EBOOK LICENCE DURATION BELOW
- Contains all eight poets prescribed for examination in 2021.
- Features a clear, colourful A4 layout. A key image accompanies each poem to aid visual learners.
- Timeline for each poet offers relevant biographical detail to give context to their work.
- Innovative pre-reading questions for all poems serve to engage students immediately.
- Comprehending and responding questions lead students to their own understanding of each poem and assist with differentiation in the classroom.
- Exploring sections after each poem offer immediate, clear analysis in a concise format. Relevant quotation and biographical detail is integrated in the commentary, providing a model for essay answers.
- Creating questions contain innovative writing assignments prompted by the poem, which allow students to practise for Paper 1 through their study of poetry, with common formats such as letters and blog posts.
- End-of-chapter theme sections contain handy reference tables showing the main themes within each poem. Major themes are explored in-depth, bringing together an overall analysis of the poet.
- End-of-chapter language and imagery sections offer notes on key literary techniques used by the poet with relevant examples for each.
- Sample essay plans and paragraphs for each poet develop skills in building structured answers that respond accurately to the question asked.
- Unseen poetry section offers friendly guidance on approaching the unseen question with a variety of fresh poems and songs.
- Exam advice sections provide useful information on preparing for and answering on prescribed and unseen poetry.
- Glossary of poetic terms gives clear explanations for students to refer back to when needed.