The Merchant of Venice (1st edition), ebook
The ebook edition of The Merchant of Venice (1st edition) for Junior Cycle English. Ebook licence and instructions will be sent as a redeem code via email once order is placed. Be sure to also check your spam email folders for this email.
This edition of Shakespeare’s The Merchant of Venice offers a student-oriented guide to the complete text of the play, with in-depth scene overviews, review questions and activities. The accompanying portfolio provides each student with the opportunity to create their own personal study guide.
This edition embraces the spirit of the new Junior Cycle by promoting students’ active involvement with the play as a drama to be explored, performed and enjoyed.
With a strong emphasis on oral language, performance and creativity, this beautifully illustrated edition is suitable for students of all levels of ability and provides a wonderful introduction to the world of Shakespeare.
This edition contains:
• An introduction to the scene
• Useful words for that scene
• An in-depth act overview/summary
• Review questions
• Assignments to encourage active exploration of characters, themes and the unique language of the play.
The accompanying portfolio offers students the opportunity to:
• Reflect on key scenes
• Comment on the main characters in the Character File section
• Explore aspects of Shakespeare’s language and imagery.
The Educate.ie edition also contains a section on exam preparation which includes:
• Study notes on important characters and key themes
• Guidelines on how to approach examination questions
• A timeline of the action in the play.
This edition guides the teacher in using The Merchant of Venice to achieve the aims and learning outcomes of the new specification and allows students to explore many of the skills required at Junior Cycle such as developing their writing, communication and oral language abilities.