The ebook edition of Hands-On Paper 1 for Leaving Certificate Higher Level English. Ebook licence and instructions will be sent as a redeem code via email once order is placed. Be sure to also check your spam email folders for this email.
Hands-On Paper 1 – The Essential Comprehending and Composing Toolkit provides students with the tools they need to get to grips with Leaving Certificate English Higher Level Paper 1.
Hands-On Paper 1 is the only dedicated Paper 1 book to take a thematic approach, and offer three texts together at a time, as they appear on the examination.
This book contains everything a student will require to be fully prepared for their Paper 1 examination.
• Practical examination advice
• Answering strategies
• Six full sample examination papers
• A range of comprehension text types – feature article, memoir, speech, novel, interview, opinion piece, visual text, preface, letter, news article
• Commentary on the different genres
• Comprehending questions modelled on recent examinations
• Annotated sample answers for all Comprehending question types
• A dedicated Composing section, with information on the different essay types
• Annotated sample answers for recent Composing examination questions
• Grammar advice integrated throughout
• A full spelling and grammar section at the end
As students work through this book, they will become equipped with the skills and knowledge to be successful in Paper 1.