Kingdom 1 (2nd edition), ebook
The ebook edition of Kingdom 1 (2nd edition) for Junior Cycle English. Ebook licence and instructions will be sent as a redeem code via email once order is placed. Be sure to also check your spam email folders for this email.
Kingdom 1 (2nd edition) for 1st year Junior Cycle English includes Units on:
• Writing with Purpose
• Poetry and Song
• Media and Advertising
• Stage and Screen
– A final mini unit on the theme of relationships gives students a flavour of what they will study in Second and Third Year.
– Each unit opens with learning intentions and discussion questions to lead students to their own understanding of the genre.
– Material is carefully sequenced from basic building blocks to more complex concepts, with particular focus on the subset of 22 Learning Outcomes for First Year.
Assessment questions are structured under five key headings:
– Many opportunities for group and pair work and active tasks to consolidate learning.
– 3 Ups answering strategy gives students a simple, effective strategy for answering questions.
– ‘Focus on’ feature highlights new poetic and literary devices, and new concepts are immediately reinforced with a range of integrated tasks.
– A focus on the writing process allows for regular drafting, editing and redrafting.
– Dedicated skills pages reinforce the skills required for the study of English.
– Units end with a revision section featuring summative written, oral and skills assessments and an opportunity to reflect on the unit.