The ebook edition of The Making of Europe and the Wider World (2nd Edition) for Leaving Certificate History. Ebook licence and instructions will be sent as a redeem code via email once order is placed. Be sure to also check your spam email folders for this email.
The Making of Europe and the Wider World is written in a clear, factual style, with up-to-date historical commentary. This beautifully illustrated textbook features a wide variety of relevant historical imagery and presents key statistics in clear, useful graphs and charts.
The Making of Europe and the Wider World provides in-depth coverage of, and case studies from, the four most popular Later Modern Europe topics. Students must study two of these:
• Topic 2: Nation States and International Tensions, 1871–1920
• Topic 3: Dictatorship and Democracy, 1920–1945 (prescribed topic for 2024/2025)
• Topic 4: Division and Realignment in Europe, 1945–1992
• Topic 6: The United States and the World, 1945–1989
Key features of The Making of Europe and the Wider World:
• Learning intentions stated at the beginning of each chapter
• Clearly signposted Key Concepts
• Exam-focused profiles of Key Personalities
• Past exam questions placed beside relevant material
• Mini Bios of key figures as springboards for further research
• Chapter Recaps
• End-of-chapter revision-style questions
• End-of-chapter sample exam paper questions for Ordinary Level and Higher Level
• Topic 3 includes a wide variety of relevant primary source documents for the documents-based question. Questions are organised under exam-relevant headings such as Comprehension, Comparison, Criticism and Contextualisation.
• Detailed Examination Guide offers:
– Advice for both Higher and Ordinary Level students
– Explanation of the marking scheme
– Research Study Report guidelines
– Clear guidance on answering the documents-based questions
– A full sample essay with commentary