Informed by the requirements of the specification and recent SEC sample examination papers, this practical and student-friendly A4 write-in book will give you the support you need to ACE History! Suitable for use with any textbook, ACE History is an ideal companion to revise key knowledge and practise skills. It also offers guidance on completing CBAs.
What’s inside ACE History?
- Useful definitions and examples to embed understanding.
- Wide range of evidence that students can practise working with, such as photographs, statistics, newspaper articles, speeches, maps, eyewitness accounts, letters and other primary source documents.
- Revision Topics to cover all strands and learning outcomes for Junior Cycle History.
- Helpful Hints feature to highlight related topics and study options.
- Try an Exam Question feature to identify relevant SEC exam questions.
- Time to Practise assessment and exam-style sample questions throughout to ensure regular use of key History skills, with selected answers to source-based questions.
- Dedicated answer space matched to the style of the SEC paper to ensure that students are familiar with requirements and produce appropriately detailed responses.
- A dedicated Classroom-Based Assessments section with helpful worksheets for both CBA 1 and CBA 2, as well as reflection note templates.
- Exam guidelines and study tips to prepare students for their History examination.
- Study and Wellbeing section to help students maintain balance and support wellbeing.
Students will find that ACE History’s clear and practical approach helps you to cover key concepts quickly and brings peace of mind that you are prepared for assessment in Junior Cycle History.